The Ivy Lee method is a 100-year-old strategy to help people become more productive at work.
The Ivy Lee method is simple and effective. Just follow these five steps:
- At the end of each workday, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Do not write down more than six tasks.
- Prioritise those six items in order of their real importance.
- When you start a new day tomorrow, concentrate only on the first task. Work until the first task is finished before moving on to the second task.
- Approach the rest of your list in the same fashion. At the end of the day, move any unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the following day.
- Repeat this process every (working) day.